Wednesday, August 24, 2011

ruhl bee supply


   Every now and again I come across a place to visit or a product or a store that I think is worth sharing.  Sometimes I'm surprised to find these things quite close to home and am shocked I didn't know about them sooner. 
   Well, I'd been hearing about Ruhl Bee Supply from various beekeepers I know and finally went to check them out.  They're located in Gladstone, Oregon (just outside of Portland) and have been supplying and educating beekeepers in the local area for over 100 years.  We've been thinking about adding bees to our urban homestead and they have hives, classes and all the supplies we'd need (for both honey and mason bees) but, it turns out they also have quite a selection of crafting materials.  They carry soap, skin care and candle making provisions as well as local honey, pollen, propolis and royal jelly.
  I'm not affiliated with them in any way.  No one's paying me for any kind of endorsement.  I just think it's a great store.  If you're in the area, I'd recommend stopping by for a visit.  For those nowhere close, they also have online shopping.
   Since we've been making our own beeswax polish, balm and candles, what made them most worth while for us was the pound of beeswax for $6.25!  That's less than half of what I've been paying elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...